When it comes to your final arrangements, shouldn't you make the decisions? The arrangements you make will reflect your exact wishes and desires. Pre-arranging your own service will help to ease the burden of your loved ones. It will also alleviate any questions, problems or differences, which can occur among family members.
Pre-payment will protect you from the rising cost of prices, and it will not be a financial burden on your loved ones. When you plan ahead you know that your wishes will be fulfilled.
Funeral Pre-planning Can Offer Emotional and Financial Security
Thinking about one's funeral leaves most people feeling a little uneasy, but more adults are finding that preparing for the inevitable is a wise decision. Those preplanning their own funerals say it offers great emotional and even financial security. Every family that has taken the time to plan ahead with the Pelham Funeral Home, later mentions how their decision made the funeral process so much easier. The process includes meeting with one of our funeral directors, discussing your needs, providing background and biographical information, listing your family, selecting merchandise and discussing payment options.
One of the most compelling reasons for people to pre-arrange a funeral is Medicaid. If someone is going into a long term care situation and wants to qualify for Medicaid, they are allowed to shelter funds in an irrevocable trust or insurance policy specifically set aside for future funeral expenses. This is a lawful way to reduce your assets and make sure you are eligible for the health care assistance you need.
Why would I want the Pelham Funeral Home to care for my funeral in the future?
· Our caring and compassionate team of professionals will guide your family through the entire process. Every detail will be cared for in an extraordinary manner.
· People often remark that funerals at the Pelham Funeral Home have a different feeling than other funeral homes. We work very hard to create a warm and friendly environment for family and friends to come together.
· We offer the widest selection of services and merchandise available at a fair and reasonable cost. When surveyed, the vast majority of families we serve rate their overall experience and value for the money spent as excellent.
· We are here for you. Our relationship does not end with the funeral. Since we live in the same community as your family, we have a responsibility to be there when needed.
Benefits of Pre Arranging Your Own Funeral with the Pelham Funeral Home
· Peace of mind
· Relieve your survivors from the financial responsibility of funeral expenses
· Avoid possible future conflict among family members by stating your wishes in advance
· When the time comes, your family can bypass the administrative responsibilities and focus on the importance of being there for one another
· Choices can be made without the emotional strain and time constraints present at the time of death
· Planning for the future changes your perspective and helps you make the most of every day
· Your funeral plan is completely transferable. If you move out of state, your funeral plan can be transferred without penalty to another funeral home. (Keep in mind that if you pass away in another state and still plan on having services with us in New Hampshire, your family would still call us at the time of death. We would arrange with an out of state funeral director on behalf of your family. This will prevent additional service charges being incurred.)
· If you plan to pay for your funeral in advance we offer safe and secure options. Funds can be placed in a funeral trust or in an insurance policy. It is important to discuss with one our funeral directors the options that make sense for you.
We would be glad to meet with you in the comfort of your own home or in our funeral home. Let us know what is most comfortable for you.
· Communicate with your family. Remember, the funeral is for those left behind. Make meaningful and personal choices that will help them heal when the time comes.
· Avoid the temptation of eliminating services to spare your family the pain. It is not the funeral service that causes grief and pain. These feelings are created by the death of a loved one. A personal and meaningful funeral service will help your family work through their inevitable grief and pain.
· When planning for your own funeral, make choices that reflect your passions. A funeral should be a celebration of life!
Once you've made your prearrangements, keep a copy of your plan and any pertinent paperwork in a safe place and inform a close friend or relative what arrangements you’ve made and where the information may be found. We retain all records in a file cabinet. Your privacy and security are very important to us.
The National Funeral Directors Association recommends prearranging for everyone and developed the Consumer PreNeed Bill of Rights as a resource for understanding what to expect from a preneed contract.
Arrangements can be made in the comfort of your own home by clicking the button below. Fill in as much as you are comfortable with and we'd be pleased to meet with you to discuss further. See the form below for details.